The Turkish-German Energy Forum is the central platform for dialogue of the Turkish-German Energy Partnership. Its purpose is to present the topics of the Energy-Partnership to a wider audience and to explore new opportunities for cooperation.
The forum takes place digitally on 2 June 2021 from 10:00 to 17:30 (CEST) (11:00 to 18:30 TRT)
- The exchange starts with an Expert Forum from 10:00 – 12:30. Here, the Working Groups of the Partnership will present and discuss current topics of the collaboration.
- At 13:00, Peter Altmaier, Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy of the Federal Republic of Germany and Fatih Dönmez, Minister of Energy and Natural Resources of the Republic of Turkey, will open the 3. Turkish-German Energy Forum.
- At 13:45 a high-ranking panel, including Thomas Bareiß, Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy of the Federal Republic of Germany, and Dr Alparslan Bayraktar, Deputy Minister of Energy and Natural Resources of the Republic of Turkey, will discuss the economic opportunities arising from the transformation of the energy system.
- At 15:00, the Co-Chairs of the Working Groups of the Partnership will give an outlook on the future collaboration.
- At 16:15 the participants can come together in a digital market place at thematic roundtables, or join a side-event on Start-Ups in the energy transition.
The event is a joint initiative of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) and the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources of the Republic of Turkey (MENR).
The German Energy Agency (dena) is organizing the event in cooperation with the German-Turkish Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK) and with the participation of leading professional associations on behalf of the BMWi and in cooperation with DEIK Energy Business Council on behalf of MENR.
About the Turkish-German Energy Partnership:
The Turkish-German Energy Partnership is an initiative by the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy of the Federal Republic of Germany, and the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources of the Republic of Turkey. The German Energy-Agency (dena) and the German Chamber of Commerce Abroad in Turkey (AHK) support the work of the Turkish-German Energy Partnership on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy.
The main program of the 3rd Turkish-German Energy Forum can be found here.
- Potential of geothermal energy
- Energy Performance Contracting in the public sector
- Flexibility options for grid integration of Renewable Energy
- Game changer Hydrogen: Extending the German-Turkish collaboration
- The regulators‘ perspective on Renewable Energy growth
- Flexibilization options for conventional power plants